DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Where does your doodle sleep? What is the most recommended sleeping arrangements? i.e.. in crate, out of crate, on pillow, in separate room...

Views: 1003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lucy is similar to Hudson, she sleeps as close as she can get to DH's legs. He lies perfectly still so as not to disturb her (there was even one time when she nudged him over the side of the bed!). I like to sleep unencumbered, so even though we have a kind-size bed, I'm afraid when/if Oscar joins us I'm going to be in trouble.

It is often not the most comfortable, but I can't imagine not having him in there. Oscar is a big boy, right? You might have some problems getting comfy with him in the mix. :)

We did try it on our beach vacation, with all of us on one king bed. Lucy tight against Tim, Oscar not-so-tight against me (and yes, he is a big boy, being over 55lbs). We managed without too much discomfort (on my part!). Still, it was nice going back to the old sleeping arrangements once we got home, and Oscar slid right back into it without a hitch.

Angie, we only have Libby in our bed and believe me at times my legs are killing me for lack of room, but I would NEVER have it any other way!  My DH and I at times start laughing because she has more room than the both of us, but oh well, she's our Libby!  We are getting a larger bed (king). LOL  Our adult kids are making fun of us because we are buying a new bed just because of Libby.

When Ned was a puppy we crated him at night by our bed, and when we were gone. Then we confined him when we were gone but still crated him at night.  When he was a year we weaned him from the crate by leaving the door open. He usually chooses to sleep on our bed for a lot of the night.  Clancy is not allowed to sleep on the bed - he showed no inclination at first and 3 dogs is just too many.  He sleeps on the floor or on a dog bed. Gordie, our Springer, sleeps on our bed or on a dog bed.

Because we have many dogs and a doggie door, all of our guys sleep in their crate at night. Otherwise, some of them like to go outside and bark late at night. We take them outside to play, run, and potty prior to bedtime, then to their crate for a bedtime treat. Lights out about 10 pm. Everyone sleeps through the night. We get up about 5:30 or 6 am and I take everyone outside while I have my first cup of coffee for the day.

Darwin sleeps in his crate, and if we leave his crate open he'll go between the tile, and in his crate usually. He'll come into the bedroom on occasion but in general he prefers to sleep in his crate.

Oscar is 8 months old and has slept ouf of his crate for about 2 months. He has never misbehaved during the night. We don't have A/C - so when the summer heat was at its peak - he slept on the cool tile in the kitchen or laundry room. Now that the nights are a bit cooler, he sleeps on the floor right next to my side of the bed.

Now - with that said!!! If there is a vacancy in the bed - either Joey or I are in the shower, gone for the night, etc. - he ASSUMES that pillow is for him. Hahah!! He'll climb right in. But if both pillows are being used - he knows he's on the floor :) They are too smart!

Trav sleeps on the bed, but he moves around too.  He might sleep for a while on the floor or on the love seat in the living room, or in the hallway--but he's always on the bed when I wake up in the morning.  Sometimes he naps in his crate, but he rarely goes into it at night.

Teddy slept in a crate for the first 6 months, then moved to a pen, then to the kitchen with a baby gate. About 6 months ago he was ready to move to sleeping on the floor outside our bedroom door with a baby gate to keep him from roaming the house. He's not allowed on furniture or in our bedroom. Here's a photo of Teddy sleeping outside our door.

Cute! Reminds me of the time I forgot to latch Oscar's crate door after a midnight potty break and my DH awoke to Oscar sleeping outside our bedroom door.

Teddy is so cute!! We are trying to implement the no furniture rule for our pup, Pono (who is just 3 months old)...How did you teach him not to jump up on the sofa or other furniture?  It's becoming so tedious, saying off and rewarding every time he gets all four paws on the ground.  Any advice??  Thanks!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service