DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our doodle Bella's best friend the 6 yr old wheaton terrier Sammy had to be put to sleep this week. Our family is heartbroken and we are wondering how we can best express how much we loved Sammy via a sympathy gift to her owner Steve a middle age guy with lots of heartbreak.

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh how sad and lots of good ideas.  I love the idea of the photo blanket, or just a photo in a frame of the dogs together would be nice.  Really though - just knowing that he has friends who feel his pain is the best gift!

Lots of good ideas--I know that there are companies that make engraved stones with the pet's name in it--but that may be a bit too expensive at $34.95 for most people to give as a gift. It would be nice though, if it said "Sammy, a best friend".

http://www.PersonalizationMall.com/Personalized-Pet-Memorial-Stones...

We always do donations to the local animal shelter. A photo turned into a painting would be nice too. There are people in the DK photography group that do beautiful work. My mom gave me a pen and ink drawing she had an artist do of my beloved Mia, my Golden retriever, when she passed on to over the rainbow bridge. I look at her every day when I walk out my door.

I appreciated getting  a card expressing condolences in the mail when we had to put our dog to sleep.  When my mom had to put her sweet Westies down, we found a plant that had the dogs' names- one was Annie; one was Abigail. The garden group here on dk helped me find Annie plants.  My mom has a green thumb and really appreciated the living gift.  Another thoughtful gift would be a donation to the local shelter.

Poor guy - what a sad situation.  When by beloved kitty passed away a few years ago two gifts brought me comfort - one was a donation made in his name to our local humane society - the other was a glass block with a 3-D image of a cat inside.  Tough to describe, but simple and beautiful and not too feminine.  I remember seeing dog ones as well.  I have it in my living room and look at it every day and remember.

So sorry to hear about the loss.... When My old dog passed away, my coworker made me picture frames with poem representing his name along with the photoes. It was the best gift ever.....

The "Rainbow Bridge" is a beautiful way of remembering a loved dog...  There are many variations on this which would be an appropriate gift for a bereaved pet owner. Some are available on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=See-All-Categories&_from=...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service