DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Ive been looking at alot of F1b labradoodles and they all seem to have more or a poodley coat.Tight curls.Dakota has a soft wavy fleece coat and she looks more like a F1.My breeder said she was a F2 because she is breed from poodle to a lab and then back to a poodle.I showed her in my labradoodle book that this is called a Flb.She didnt get mad or deffensive because i had the book right there.What is a F2.Do some people call a F1B a F2.I love Dakota no matter what she is i just hate being lied to.So is she an F1.

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dexter is a F1B and has a wavy coat (similar to Dakota's).  I think Dakota has a very nice coat and I would definitely guess Dakota is a F1B.
Her coat is gorgeous....Does she shed at all???
Actually I am married to a agronomist and no mater if it is a plant or animal hybrid an F1b is technically an F2. It doesn't matter if it comes from breeding like to like generation or backward in generation you always move forward in grading. It is rare to breed backward in plants but regardless it is a new generation not a half generation or slide backward.
I just bred my multigen labradoodle (both parents were labradoodles) to an F1 and the offspring have varied coats--only one has a tighter curl and the others seem like they will be wavy. My neighbor has a goldendoodle with the same breeding as your dog and her coat is curly but not as tight as a poodle's. There is no formula and you can't look at a doodle and know for certain what it's breeding is.
Dakota's hair looks like my Peri's (F1).  I just don't think anyone can ever say with 100% certainty what a doodle's coat will look like...

Here is something else to help you and others understand why/how you can get different looks in the breeding of doodles.  Below is a chart with the possible outcome of breeding two rabbits with different traits.  This is a spin on Mendals theory.

When our Pepsi, an F1B, was a new puppy, we were able to see the entire litter.  Some had curly, curly coats and others had straight coats.  I was surprised at how different they all were, despite being from the same litter.  Another interesting thing was that the ones with the straighter coats (more lab-like) shed a little bit, whereas the curlier coats (presumably the poodle line) did not shed.  All 6 puppies, all blacker than coal, but with very different coats.  Before, I would have assumed that all dogs would have the curly coat, seeing as they are only 1/4 Lab.  And the breeder was hoping that the puppies would all come out dark apricot as their mother was, and she was bred to an apricot poodle.  But, Pepsi's grandfather was a black lab.  All six came out black.  You can't bet on anything when crossing breeds but it is certainly fun seeing what you get in the end!  Your Dakota is gorgeous, by the way!

I know many F1b Goldendoodles (where the 'b' was a poodle) and they have the same straighter coat as Dakota.

I love her type of coat - it's easier than the tighter poodle curls.

Incidently the 'b' stands for backcross and can be either of the original breeds (lab or poodle / goldie or poodle). An F1b usually has the poodle as the 'b' or backcross to get the non-moulting coat.

It's when you cross F1'bs and F2'bs ect that it all gets too complicated for me =)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service