DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I've been scouring DK trying to find progressive weights on puppies to estimate how big Oscar will ultimately get. So far, I haven't found a puppy that was the same weight as Oscar at his age. I was told by his breeder that he should get no heavier than 40 lbs, but at 11 weeks and 2 days he's a whopping 19.6 lbs! 2 days ago he was 18.6 lbs. At 10-1/2 weeks old Lucy, Oscar's 3 yr old sister, was 15.8 lbs, and she's now 53 lbs. Anyone have a similarly sized puppy as Oscar at about 11 weeks old? If so, how big is your puppy now?

UPDATE:

12 weeks, 1 day: 21.4 lbs.  12 wk pic:

13 weeks (3 months exactly): 23.2 lbs

14 weeks: 25.2 lbs

15 weeks: 27.8 lbs.

16 weeks: 29.4 lbs.

Estimated mature weight: 29.4 lbs. x 2 = 58.8 lbs. + 5-10 lbs = 63.8 - 68.8 lbs

17 weeks: 31.4 lbs.

18 weeks: 33.4 lbs. (I swear, I'm not making this up! Oscar has been gaining EXACTLY 2 lbs. a week for the past 2 weeks... I weigh him on the same digital scale each week, so there's no inconsistency between different scales.)

19 weeks: 34.6 lbs. (Oscar had his neuter procedure this week)

20 weeks: 36.4 lbs.

21 weeks, 1 day: 39.2 lbs.

22 weeks, 1 day (5 mos.): 39.8 lbs.

23 weeks, 1 day (5 mos., 1 week): 43.9 lbs. (weighed on vet's scale)

1 yr old: 55 lbs  1 yr pic:

16 months: 59lbs, 24" tall at withers:

18 mos.: 62.6lbs.

19 mos.: 65 lbs.

22 mos.: 67.8 lbs.

24 mos.: 69 lbs., 25" at the withers. Oscar on his 2nd birthday:

Views: 5597

Replies to This Discussion

Is that a real group? Never heard of it, if it is. I most likely WILL be looking into it....LOL..

Our Henry is 60 lbs at 9 months, and very trim at that. When he is done growing and filling out he is going to be a fairly hefty one :)

Mindy was 18.5lbs at 11 weeks. She’s now 2 years old and somewhere around 65. She should probably be around 60, but she’s a bit on the tubby side, at the moment. Her breeder told us she’d be 45-48lbs full grown. Um, not quite. But that’s okay, she’s a good size. She’s also not a dainty Doodle. Even as a baby, she was stockier than other puppies, and the vet assured us her weight was just fine - she‘s just a big-boned girl. Definitely takes more after the Golden side rather than the Poodle in that regard.

Mindy's weight at 11 weeks is the closest I've seen to Oscar's at 18.6. 60-65 lbs is what we've been resigned to. Its the 80 lb range that scares us! We were thinking tonight that Oscar has a more stocky build and will probably have more of a lab body. Lucy is a very elegant looking girl and has that gorgeous poodle trot/gait that makes her appear to be floating on air. I saw a hint of that same gait in Oscar tonight when he was running around the house. How I love that gait!

I know the gait you’re talking about – Mindy doesn’t have it. At all. Her boyfriend, Oliver, does, though. He takes more after the Poodle side than the Golden. Ollie’s mom and I were walking behind them as they trotted together at the dog park, and she was laughing about how it looks like Ollie’s prancing in high heels, while it looks like Mindy’s plodding along in work boots. (We’ve often joked that she’s the Kathy Griffin to his Anderson Cooper.) That said, she’s surprisingly agile and is one hell of a sprinter! :)

Our pup Murphy is 1 year, 10 months and now weighs 42 pounds. She has stabilized at this weight for several months now. Both her parents weighed only 30 pounds. I kept track month by month and at 11 weeks she weighed 13 pounds. Looks like Oscar may be a lot bigger than the breeder estimated!

No doubt!

Chester was around 19 pounds at 11 weeks and now at 7 months, he's at least 56 pounds.    I was told he would be around 60-65 pounds.  We'll see. LOL

Darwin was 25lbs at 16 weeks and is now 63lbs

Rocky is 37 pounds at 16 weeks.  I can hardly lift him anymore and he can barely fit on my lap - but he still tries:)  I'm guessing he'll be about 75-80.

Wow, Rocky will be ONE - BIG - BOY! I doubt Oscar will weigh that much at 16 weeks (fingers crossed). What did Rocky weigh in previous weeks?

Im scared.....just weighed The Fonze and he weighed in at 20 pounds at 11 weeks  uh oh hes gonna be a big boy!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service