DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday we lost our 11 month old doodle, River, to septic shock. She ate an item of clothing, and it put multiple holes in her small intestine. Long story short, she never cried or showed signs of being in pain, we had no idea she had gotten ahold of a sock. At first all her blood work and stool samples came back negative for any kind of infection, but two days later it was clear we were losing her. She died yesterday on the operating table.

I am so heartbroken. I feel like I've lost a part of me. She was such a part of our family, she did everything with us, and followed me everywhere. She didn't even get to live a long life. I am aching inside.

Views: 2209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So very sorry for your loss. River was a beautiful doodle.

I'm so sorry, Melissa.

Melissa, I'm so sorry for your loss. This saddens me greatly. Hoping you can focus on the wonderful memories you've made  and know that you were the best for River. She was beautiful!

Melissa I am so sorry to hear this.. hugs to you and you family..we are here for you .

I am saddened beyond words for you and your family.  I  am a Golden Doodle breeder and I cannot tell you how many times I get calls or messages from my doodle parents that their dog has eaten socks. In fact one of my doodles likes to chew on them but to my knowledge has never eaten one. It is something they like to do and no matter how careful we are, sometimes they just get into trouble.

May your hearts heal in time.  You will never forget you beautiful "River" but maybe in time you will adopt another one of these precious beauties. With much love and Prayers! <3 Jaynie Perry  

I am truly saddened and my heart is aching for you and your family.  So very, very sorry for your loss.  I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  Please do not blame yourself...it is so not your fault.  Sending great big hugs your way Melissa!

I am so sorry for you and your family.  Keep those wonderful memories.  What a sweetie.

Very sad to loose a best friend especially one so young. I am truly sorry.

so soooo sorry--a tragedy for all of you and there is no way you could have known the trouble poor River was in---time will heal your hearts and memories of River will stay with you forever.

So very sorry for your sad loss. Hugs to you and your family.

I am so sorry for your family, Melissa. River was a beautiful dog.

What a heartbreaking situation, I'm so sorry for your loss. Kind thoughts and hugs to you and your family.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service